Existence

The other day I was a passive participant in a discussion on the existence of God. There are some people very passionate about this topic (either supporting the existence or opposing the existence).  I sat there listening to the arguments. I am not sure why we are so enamored by this subject.

 

Is it important to know whether God exists or not? Or is this discussion just a manifestation of the human need to have others fall in line with our way of thinking?

 

The people from where I come from believe that this world is a play, we are all actors and God is the script writer, director and producer.  According to them we just need to act the way God directs us to.  We should not question the purpose or anticipate the results.  If that is so, why is God giving us the knowledge to investigate and find out the truth about Him/Her?  Why is He/She giving us the resources to research and prove that He/She does not exist?

 

This draws similarity to robots and humans.  Humans, in their endless quest, have created robots.  Humans are not satisfied. They are adding artificial intelligence to robots.  As of day, most of the robots are just machines.  They do what their creator instructs them to do.  Some of them may have some advanced capabilities like learning to some extent.  Humans are still researching on how to make robots “feel” like humans.  For instance, making a robot fall in love with another robot, making one of these robots sing blue songs when the other robot is away for an extended period of time, making these robots cry when other robot dies.  Wait a minute, what is death to a robot?  Does unplugging and removing the battery constitute death?  So, if humans are creating the robot and killing the robot, are they Gods?  If humans can provide heart and brain to robot, will they seek eternal knowledge and understand human intentions in creating them? Will they eventually become Gods themselves?

 

I don’t think I am getting anywhere with this.  I think this subject is way beyond me at this time. Let me make a mental note to ask my creator to provide me more resources to continue my research and fund my endeavor to disprove His/Her existence.  Till then I don’t want to argue with any one about existence or non-existence of God and will try to live blissfully (because, ignorance is bliss my friend).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Soul (Lupta Aatman)

I am an ordinary man

Of Talent and Recognition