I believe I can fly

I received news that one of my colleagues just passed away. Though I did not meet this person (just spoke to him on phone twice), I felt bad.

Though I know that life is a journey and has to end at some point, I feel bad. I feel bad that a person I knew is no longer here in this world. It is not the first time, nor is he the closest person to disappear suddenly. Yet, I feel bad.

Just this morning a friend of mine told me that she read my earlier blog and was inspired. “It changed my, mood. I feel happier - just like that”, she told me. I am happy for her, yet I feel bad that the human race is not able to overcome the inevitable.

We landed on moon, successfully explored Mars. We can fly – in the air and in space. We have theories for our evolution. We know how we come into this world. But we don’t know how and when we leave this world. This makes me feel bad.

We remember what happened yesterday, we sometimes realize what’s happening now, we have no clue what’s in store for tomorrow. This makes me feel bad.

Through Lord Krishna and through Gita, elders told us to be detached from the results and just do our duty. They said
karmany evadhikaras te
ma phalesu kadacana
ma karma-phala-hetur bhur
ma te sango ’stv akarmani

"You have a right to perform your prescribed duty,
but you are not entitled to the fruits of action.
Never consider yourself the cause of the results of your activities,
and never be attached to not doing your duty."


They also said that those who want to enjoy the fruits of their work are misers. Yet, I feel bad that my past and present actions can not influence tomorrow.

I feel bad that we keep fighting for material things, knowing very well that we can not take them with us when we depart this world. We read the Holy Books (Quran/Bible/Gita etc.), yet we act exactly opposite of what they say –we lie, we cheat, we rob, we hate others, we kill, we terrorize. The fact that we are all hypocrites in our own way makes me feel bad.

See I was on the verge of breaking down
Sometimes silence can seem so loud
There are miracles in life I must achieve
But first I know it starts inside of me, oh

Thanks R Kelly. Yes, I realize it has to start from inside. Yes, I believe I can forget all this. Yes, I believe I can fly.

(May MND’s soul rest in peace. May his family find strength to cope with the situation)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Soul (Lupta Aatman)

I am an ordinary man

Of Talent and Recognition